As men, we rarely come together to talk about our feelings. We seem to have no problem giving our friends an update on work, sports, or a new partner you can’t get out of your head. Do you actually take the time to discuss feelings about your internal struggles? Probably not. That’s why we are here. We want to open the conversation about your inner well being. Your strength, your vitality, your ego, your willpower, your stamina, and your inner power.
When is the last time you talked to someone about shame, embarrassment, and self- consciousness? If you haven’t now is a good time to think about it. All of us here at Coroa believe that understanding our Chakras (collecting pools of subtle energy) is one of the best ways to discover more about yourself. When our Chakras become imbalanced, it can lead us to a lack of our inner power. Stress in any layer of the body (physical, mental, emotional and energetic) can cause you to slow down, stagnate or completely go into overdrive. We’ve all been there.
If you have had any of these feelings it is because of an imbalance in the third chakra in the solar plexus also known as Manipura chakra.
Here are 5 ways to know your Third Chakra is imbalanced:
- You see yourself as powerless compared to some and powerful compared to others. This may show up in being overly submissive in some situations and a tyrant in others.
- You have lots of different ways of shaming yourself and frequently feel embarrassed by imagining what other people think about you. It’s not so much that you’re afraid to fail; it’s more that you’re afraid to appear to others to be a failure.
- You see the future as full of danger, and you also see change as a threat. So you play it safe and try to protect what you think you have.
- You’re highly goal-oriented and get your sense of meaning and purpose by your list of accomplishments. If you are not accomplishing something bigger and better, you feel like a failure. You are generally highly stressed and often comment to others how stressed and busy you are as a badge of honor.
- You experience any of the following physical symptoms on a frequent or chronic basis:
- Digestive/stomach problems
- Liver issues
- Pancreas disorders, such as diabetes or hypoglycemia.
The good thing is that we have a solution! It starts with igniting your Solar Plexus chakra. There are no pills to take, no rigorous regime, just simple things to realign your energy.
Here are a few simple things you can do each day that will bring your Solar Plexus Chakra back into balance:
- Heal from the past - Many of our past traumas become stored in the body and continue to affect thought patterns and behaviors. People who have experienced a strict upbringing, bullying, or authoritarian parents, or those who have suffered mental or physical abuse tend to have difficulty balancing the third chakra. It is time you have forgiven what has been done so that you can move on to manifesting your best life.
- Reflection - Once you have forgiven the past, it's time to reflect on the present. Reflect on gardening. Notice what your proper role is as a gardener in a growing life. It is a partnership between you and Life. There is only so much you can do, and Life does most of it. It’s probably about 1% you and 99% Life. Yet without your 1%, nothing but weeds would grow. Apply this to your life, goals, projects, and everything you are taking on that is causing you to feel stressed. Trust Life more and relax and refocus on what your 1% role is.
- Redefinition - Focus less on accomplishment and more on contribution. Accomplishment is what makes the ego feel valued. Contribution is what the soul is designed to do. Accomplishment is wholly attached to outcome whereas contribution is not connected to the outcome but is a reward in and of itself.
- Chakra Breathing - Do the “Breath of Fire.” The Breath of Fire is a rapid breath through the nose into the solar plexus. Two cycles per second are about the right speed. Inhale, exhale, in out–in one second. Originate the muscle pumping movement from your solar plexus (the area about 3 inches above the navel) and let the breath just come in and out by itself. Do this for one minute whenever you are feeling low energy, and it will recharge you.
- Burn Manipura incense and essential oils - Aromatherapy has the power to awaken our sense of personal power. To open the solar plexus, burn fiery incense and essential oils like:
- Cedarwood — Promotes willpower and ambition
- Grapefruit — brings feelings of optimism and spontaneity
- Sweet Marjoram — Promotes courage, confidence, and personal integrity
- Black Pepper — Helps strengthen your personal power
- Ginger Root — Encourages personal drive, motivation, and initiative
- 6. Positive Affirmations - By repeating affirmations, either out loud, in our heads, or by writing them down, we help reverse negative thought patterns and replace them with constructive ones. Change the script by repeating affirmations like:
- As I take on new challenges, I feel calm, confident, and powerful.
- I feel motivated to pursue my purpose.
- I am ambitious and capable.
- I forgive myself for past mistakes, and I learn from them.
- The only thing I need to control is how I respond to situations.
- I have the courage to create positive change in my life.
- I stand in my personal power.
- 7.Practice Asanas - Last but not least is our favorite way to balance the solar plexus chakra, practice asana. Practicing yoga postures with mindful breathing helps release tension in the solar plexus, physically, mentally, and emotionally. The warrior poses build confidence and aligns the third chakra. Sun salutations warm up the body and connect with the fiery energy of the sun. Boat pose is another excellent posture for strengthening the abdominal muscles, balancing digestion, and bringing a sense of personal empowerment.
Now that you have some simple tools to balance the Solar Plexus chakra you will be more open to discussing feelings about your internal struggles. Our chakras are part of how we are designed as humans. The better you understand your chakras, the better you will be able to notice when things are out of balance and do something to bring them back into balance.
Let us know if this blog was helpful by leaving a comment below! #moremenonthemat